Mr. Chang, the shady Chinese businessman financing Pouring Beans Productions’ new documentary film, has now seen a rough edit of “Railways with Smidge Manly” and discussed with me some changes that are still necessary.
Clearly the public are clamouring for the release of this important film, and any delay is going to be met with considerable impatience, so to help tide us over until it’s ready to go, here is a look inside the editing process. This is, in its entirety, the list of changes that I made, explaining Mr Chang’s instructions in full.
- Wobbly –> red train pat etc. Vertically. + coming out of station at CP
- –> –> –>
- Platform-train tighter or clip inb. ? straight to speech on 2nd shot
- Barry rustling – filter out?
- Timetables – wind noise – change for station
- Voiceover still not good (headphones)
- Longer gap or music between good email and people we met.
I hope this sheds some light on the philosophical and ethical issues with which we are wrestling in trying to perfect our artistic vision.