We went to the theatre this week to see a musical, a big West End production of the Wizard of Oz. It was great.
I wasn’t the one who booked the tickets, so I didn’t see the list of performers until we were standing outside the theatre, where I could see all the famous names lit up across the big screens on the front of the theatre.
Just look at this all star cast!
I recognised almost all of them straight away, as I bet you did too.
- Jason Manford is a stand-up comic who has carved out a successful musical theatre career. His voice is amazing!
- Ashley Banjo made his name as part of dance troupe Diversity on Britain’s Got Talent.
- Georgina Onuorah is a rising star of the West End, having transferred to this production from a run in Oklahoma! and before that Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella.
- Dianne Pilkington has been in one show after another since the late 90s and is a real star of the stage. I last saw her in a production of the 39 Steps at the Criterion.
- Louis Gaunt makes his breakthrough performance here, having previously appeared in Bridgerton and The Larkins.
- Christina Bianco as you already know has the most amazing voice, so I was thrilled to see her on the cast list.
There’s another bloke listed up there as well but I can’t recall seeing his name anywhere before. Maybe he’s new or something? Anyway, I don’t remember seeing him in the show.