This is something I thought about a while ago, and may also have mentioned, but also may not have. Anyway, whether I mentioned it or not, it has now changed from “a thing I was thinking about” to “a thing I did”.
We’ve all got lots of photos from all the times we’ve met up and done stupid things. All mine are just sitting around on my phone or in folders somewhere on my laptop. That’s useless, when they should really be here on the Beans, in our shrine to three lifetimes misspent doing pointless things that nobody but us find funny.
So I’ve done a bit of faffing and made a photo gallery thing. You can find it by clicking Photos in the menu, or by clicking on these words here.
If you’re like me, and you have photos, then you should also add them, and together we will have lots of photos, which we can look at occasionally, and the rest of the time we will ignore them, just like everything else on this website.
How do I add photos to the things?
- In the admin interface, go to FooGallery > Galleries, and either create a new one or edit an existing one. If you’re making a new one, give it a name.
- Click “add media”. This opens the same interface you use to add photos to blog posts. You can upload pictures or select them from the media library here. Select all the pictures you want to include.
- In the sidebar, select how you want them sorted. You can try it by date or by title, depending what works best. You don’t need to change any other settings.
- Click publish (if it’s new) or update (if it’s not).
If you made a new gallery, you now need to add it to the album list so it turns up on the photos page. This is easy.
- Go to FooGallery > Albums.
- Click “edit” on the album “Photos”.
- Click the new gallery you created, so it gets a blue tick on it like all the others. You can drag it to another place if the galleries are in the wrong order.
- Click update.
You now know as much about this as I do. Hurrah!
9 comments on “A new thing: photos!”
Do you remember a time when Chris had hair and Ian’s face wasn’t a gorge of craggs? Look back on fond memories like these.
Why FooGallery though? Foo hoo?
If you look closely at some of these pictures, we all had more hair and less old than we do now. It’s a trade I personally regret making.
I could look closely at some of these pictures but I’d rather not. They’re blurry and full of me, something that only reminds me of the ravages of time that have ensconced my face.
I’m afraid it’s not a choice. You must look. Get looking. And learn to embrace time’s cruel ravages.
Can I get a looking?
Yes. And by looking you will be embracing the ravages and the ensconcing. (In addition to which, you will also be taking in some very silly photos that I had forgotten ever existed, an experience which has been officially certified as “joyful” by the Parliament of Zambia.)
I approve of this and award it 5 emoji: ?????
(Why does each gallery page have a scroll bar for a tiny amount of scrolling?)
Aww… the emoji got stripped out. They were good ones though. Honest.
I like just using question marks instead of emoji. That’s nice. Classy. Succinct.
(I don’t know, it just does.)